The day we’ve been anticipating has arrived: The Department of Labor announced the final overtime rules.
Most likely, this affects your business.
The new salary threshold of $47,576 grants overtime protections to an additional 4.2 million workers.
Here’s 5 quick facts you need to know:
- The new rule sets the salary level required for exemption at $47,576 a year ($913 a week).
- The salary threshold amount will increase every three years.
- The duties test remains unchanged.
- The Highly Compensated Employee (HCE) compensation requirement is now $134,004 per year.
- The rule will go into effect on December 1, 2016.
These facts are from the DOL Fact Sheet. Click here to read the sheet in full.
Confused? Need more information?
Tune into Integrity HR’s webinar “Changes in Employee Classifications: How new regulations will affect your business” to find out everything you need to know to get compliant with these changes.
During the webinar, Integrity HR’s certified panel of HR experts will:
- Give detailed explanations of the final rules
- Explain how your business can get compliant with the new rules
- Provide examples to help you determine classifications
- Answer any questions you have
- … And more!
Choose from 3 dates: May 26, June 9 or July 14